Monday, November 22, 2010

Give Thanks Sauce

Cranberry Sauce is just the right addition to the traditional Thanksgiving table, and this sauce, with honey, oranges, and spices is extra yummy!


I made the red work bread basket liner years ago, and love pulling it out each year.




Spiced Cranberry Sauce serves 8

3/4 Cup white sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup honey
2 oranges, peeled and chopped (and all the juice)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ginger
dash of cloves
12 ounces fresh cranberries, sorted and washed
2 tsp. orange zest, optional

Boil all the ingredients over medium heat, except zest. Reduce heat and simmer 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat. Add orange zest if desired. Cool and refrigerate.

(I make a batch of plain cranberry sauce too. So I garnish the spiced one with orange peel and whole allspice.)

Make it a Wonderful Day!



5 comments:

  1. boy, that cranberry sauce looks so good. What a perfect dish for the upcoming holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought to make it before! It looks delish. I don't know if you can get fresh cranberries here actually? I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe! Looks good. Love your Give Thanks bread liner. Great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange next to red:
    Monochromatic!
    Walking/chatting through VV with you:
    Periphatetic!

    Allspice makes it Allgood!

    Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll make this tomorrow - sounds great! And I love your bread liner!! Wish I could help you with Blogger but I left them for Typepad three years ago because I had couldn't figure things out...Typepad isn't much easier but at least their help button works! xo, Nan

    ReplyDelete