Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Baby Kale Spread



We love kale. 

Especially baby kale.

 And tomatoes.


Healthy goodness, so far. 
And then we add some bacon.
And some yummy bread. We only eat bacon occasionally-but sometimes it's just the perfect salty goodness.


 This is my take on the classic BLT. With no lettuce, so it's my BKT.
We loved the fresh, bright taste of the kale spread. Enjoy!

 Bacon and Tomato Sandwich with Kale Spread
 12 Cups baby kale, rinsed and drained well
1 Lime
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise 
Freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Fit processor with chopping blade. Fill the processor to overflowing with kale. Pulse to finely chop. 
Add lime juice and mayo. Season to taste. (I didn't add salt because I was using it with bacon.)


Spread generously on toasted bread. Top with tomatoes and cooked bacon.

Enjoy on your favorite thrifted plate. (I found this at Value Village, and I'd love to find more..."Dixie Dogwood", by Joni. Made in the 50's.)





Make it a Wonderful Day!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting!! What could I use instead of mayo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren-I should have included in my post that I made a second spread using plain Greek yogurt in place of the mayo. It was pretty tangy, but we liked it too. You could also try using a bit of olive oil instead, like a pesto. I'll try that next time. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! I'm a new kale addict! I add it to my morning mocktail and to most of our salads...but I had no idea it could be made into a spread! Thanks - I'm going to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete