Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Q-Group for February



Our Quilt Group met last Friday for our monthly show and tell. This month, Barbara hosted. I loved seeing her raw-edged heart bull's eye quilt.


She also shared her appliqued hearts quilt top-just the right quilt to be working on this month.


Nan's French fabric quilt was bright and cheery-in contrast to the gray day here in the Pacific Northwest. (Seriously, I love it here, but the low light makes it challenging to take good indoor, no flash photos.)



Next up are some close-ups of Terry's Valentine Bling Quilt...embellishments galore!!


 So fun!


Her red and white Irish Chain has some beautiful stars in a couple of the corners, and I love the striped border and binding.



We're starting a group project- we're each doing a quilt/table runner/whatever with the theme "Home is Where the Heart Is". These are some pieced hearts by Denise. Even though she's our resident paper-piecer, these were not made that way. She's not sure what she's going to do with them yet.



I'm a bit of a broken record with this one, but I love the freedom of sewing these wonky log cabins. This time around, the blocks are sashed in pink shades of shot cotton.



Marsha brought this quilt made by a friend of hers who recently passed away. Marsha's putting on the binding so the quilt will be ready for her friend's grandson. Marsha, I know your friend appreciates your loving help with something she wasn't able to finish in time.


Marsha's almost finished with her tea cup quilt. She's working on the quilting and soon it will be off to its new home in England.


Here's a new one by Helen. Love the colors and love the quilt!


This one's lots of color and gray. Helen does such a great job of combining fabrics in unusual ways. Check out the polka dot binding and the plaid border. Love it.



  I made this quilt top from the leftovers of Jared's quilt. Terry will be quilting it for me, so you'll see it again soon. I don't have a design wall, so it's kind of fun for me to have friends hold it up so I can see it and take a photo.


We're having a sew day on Friday to make bags. More on that later...

Make it a Wonderful Day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow. they are all lovely. Really love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you looking for someone to give Jared's scrap quilt to?? I have 3 ideas and they all live in NYC...

    ReplyDelete