Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April's Quilt Group

Our quilt group's monthly meeting never fails to inspire. 

This is one of the things I'm working on....

These are going to be pockets on my quilted bag started at our sew day. I worked on them on my recent trip to New York. While Beckham, my adorable 9 1/2 month old grandson, was napping, and Kate was working and Jed was out of town, I worked on the hand stitching using embroidery thread.  I WILL get the bag finished. Soon.

Up next are two pillow covers made by Terry to match a large quilt she made. Love the fresh, summery colors!

 


And Barbara's blendy zig zag takes me on a tropical vacation!


 Denise took us back to the farm with her placemats and  mini quilt...



 And she also bought this at a craft fair and then made one to match, only her bunny is milk chocolate!



Nan shared her beautiful quilt made from linen and lovely red. I loved the combination.


 And she brought a quilt given to her by Mari years ago. It's the inspiration for the guest book Nan's helping her soon-to-be daughter-in-law with. Guests will sign blocks and Nan will make them into a quilt.


 Helen loves color almost as much as we love her! Here is her latest colorful star quilt.


Love the way the she extended the star backgrounds to make the outside border...


This is one Helen made a while back. She had originally planned to hand quilt it. That wasn't happening, so she had it machine quilted. Done. Beautiful. And will you look at that skinny pieced border? Love it.


 

 Ardiths' quilt is for her grandson's 8th birthday. He requested all things aquatic, and that's what this quilt delivers...
 

 Janet shared this raffle quilt made from upholstery samples!Money raised will support international relief efforts by Janet's church.



My photo does not do it justice- the colors are so elegant, and will you look at that binding? 
It's a thick corduroy that is just perfect, matching the opulent feel of the rest of the quilt.





 We loved Marsha's Arrow quilt- somehow I didn't get a photo of the whole thing.



Marsha set a beautiful spring table and lunch was delicious. As always, I'm so happy to have a chance to be with such talented women every month- to have fun, to work together, to learn from each other.


Make it a Wonderful Day!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen pics of these quilts a dozen times - but seeing them again on your blog was so fun! It's like visiting old friends - Helen's quilts are so amazing - loved seeing your pics.

    ReplyDelete